Welcome to our website. Cherwell Windows is committed to protecting your privacy in all our dealings with you, whether through our website or through direct contact with our sales team. Our Terms and conditions show we are committed to delivering a safe and secure experience.
Cherwell Windows is a double-glazing business which provides windows and doors supply and installation services to its customers. We must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that we can provide these services – in doing so, Cherwell Windows acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to us directly, such as on an over the phone, in person or via one of the registration forms on our website or we may collect it from social media advertising. We must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with a quote and fulfilling your order, we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Cherwell Windows take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy. Our database is encrypted, internal servers are password protected and remote access is limited. We invest in systems which track access and flag data breach attempts so that we keep your information safe at all times. By registering with the website it is understood that you are actively interested in purchasing windows and doors or other services supplied by Cherwell Windows.
The term ‘Cherwell Window’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Cherwell Window is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cherwell Window may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/2018.
We have reviewed the purposes of our processing activities and selected the most appropriate lawful bases for each activity and these are consent, legitimate interest and legal obligation. Where we have replied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interest is for the purpose of providing a quote for windows and doors and other Cherwell Windows services.
We collect personal data about you when you register in order to provide you with a quotation. The personal data we collect includes your name, email address, telephone number and postcode, as well as products that you are interested in and how you found Cherwell Windows, which we use for marketing purposes. We will keep that information for as long as you want to keep your account active with Cherwell Windows. We will also ask you questions to ensure we recommend the most appropriate products for your requirements. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the GDPR regulations.
There are a number of places we store data. Our website, our database and with third party service providers such as Facebook. All third-party service providers are required to process your data in accordance with contracts that comply with data protection legislation.
You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us via email email@example.com
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
Cherwell Windows will retain your personal information for the legitimate provision of supplying and installing windows and doors and covering a warranty period of 10 years and a lifetime paid-for service visit. Different laws require us to keep data for different periods of time. We aim to provide you with useful installation related services for the whole of your life, however we will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy.
CHOOSING HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
Cherwell Windows will never sell your personally identifiable information to any third party without your express consent.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- Right to Be Informed. You have the right to be informed about the personal data the Company possesses on you.
- Right to Rectification. You can contact us to change, or correct your personal information controlled by Cherwell Windows regarding your profile at any time. GDPR gives us one month to respond but generally we’ll have everything done for you within 14 days.
- The Right to Access. You can verify the details you have submitted to Cherwell Windows and all information held by us on this website and our databases. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address. You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting our team of Consultants.
- Right to Erasure (RTBF). You have the right at any time to be permanently forgotten from our website and database either because you no longer find our services relevant, wish to withdraw your consent or believe we have mistakenly acquired your information. You can close your account by requesting removal from our database by using the email address provided. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam). Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted with us.
- Data Portability. You can request a readable copy of all the personal data we hold on you at any time. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to Restrict Processing. If you have a dispute or are not comfortable with how we have processed your data but do not wish for it to be fully erased, you can request for us to suspend further processing until a resolution is reached. Please contact us via email@example.com
- Rights to Object. If you consent to Cherwell Windows contacting you by phone or email under legitimate interest of windows and doors installations services, you have the right to object to processing data for marketing services by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email
- The Right to Withdraw Consent. Where you have consented to Cherwell Windows processing your data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us via email@example.com
- Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes. This policy was last updated on 27th April 2018.
COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact us at Sales@cherwelluk.com or on 01295 270938 or via post to Cherwell Windows, Unit G3, Marley Way, Banbury, OX16 2RL.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, or if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.