Timber alternative storm windows
Timber alternative storm windows, by Evolution Windows, showcases a ground-breaking design. This enables it to carry exquisite styling and authentic features that are usually only found on a traditional timber window.
Timber look or wood effect uPVC storm 2 windows fuses traditional joinery methods with modern technology and performance, ensuring the window is built to last.
The sash has a very low profile with a small round edge, so avoiding the ‘chunky’ appearance of other lipped / storm timber alternative options on the market. It is the only rebated casement on the market with a timber joint.
The timber-look Storm 2 profile also offers exceptional energy performance as well as remarkable acoustic and thermal rating, delivering an impressive A+ 13, 1.3W/m² energy rating – as standard.
The benefits of our timber alternative storm windows:
- Exceptionally low maintenance
- Great wood effect window
- Over 200 colour options in addition to our standard wood-effect finishes
- High-quality range of handles and working peg-stays
- Multi-point shoot bolt locking
- Lockable night vent facility
- Egress Easy Clean Hinge as standard
Timber Alternative WindowsTimber alternative windows are a foil-wrapped uPVC window that replicates the look and feel of timber. They are so realistic, that it is hard to tell the difference.
They are available in a choice of styles; storm (or lipped) for the more traditional look and flush. This is a more contemporary finish.
They are available in a choice of standard colours and any RAL colour or Farrow and Ball colour.
They will complement your timber alternative door.
The Colour range
All colour finishes shown are exterior colours with White Grain on the interior as standard. Or you can choose any of the colours for an interior finish. Evolution offers 10 timber alternative finishes and one smooth gloss finish as standard.
It’s also possible to have any RAL colour using a special Kolorbond paint finish. Popular colours include:
- White Grain, which is a soft white (RAL 9010)
- Agate Grey and Olive Grey which have a green/grey tone.
- Anthracite Grey (RAL 7016) – popular for contemporary designs.
- The Natural Wood finish is unique to Evolution.
Alternatively, you can choose from any Farrow and Ball colour – as long as you provide us with the colour number, as well as the colour name!
We invite you to visit one of our showrooms, located in;
- Banbury, Oxfordshire. Easily accessible for Oxford, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Brackley, Towcester, Bicester, Thame, Kidlington, Witney, The Cotswolds, Chipping Norton and Bloxham, Bourton on the Water, Stow on the Wold, Moreton in Marsh, Royal Leamington Spa, Coventry, Stratford upon Avon and Aylesbury.
- Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire. Easily accessible for High Wycombe, Chalfont St Giles, Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Amersham, Great Missenden, Chesham and Princes Risborough.
For more information on the Evolution brand, click here
Timber alternative windows details
Our products have unrivalled energy efficiency, exceptional weather proofing and low maintenance without compromising on quality and design.
Whether you choose double or triple glazing, our windows are all argon-filled as opposed to the less efficient air-filled units. This applies to glazed units with Georgian bar and to leaded units too. Argon is a noble glass which means it doesn’t react to anything as much as normal air does. This means that heat is not lost as easily through the unit. If you use air-filled glazed units, the heat can escape through the unit much more easily. This of course contributes to the overall energy rating of the window.
Multipoint shoot bolt locking
When you lock the window shut, not only do bolts lock into their keeps next to the handle, but shootbolts at the top and bottom of the window lock into their keeps too meaning your timber alternative window is as secure as any other modern window on the market.
Lockable night vent facility
The window locks in a slightly open position, allowing ventilation into the property without compromising on security by leaving a window wide open inviting potential burglars in.
It’s all in the design. To give the appearance of traditional timber styling and accept a working peg stay, the outer frame is 82mm wide – making it narrow enough to fit into window openings without cutting back plaster lines (subject to existing building/survey).
Optional triple glazing
- Optional energy saving triple glazing to further reduce noise and conserve heat
- Triple glazing will raise the energy rating to A+ 14 with a U value of 1.1 – this means it is 15% more efficient.
- Acoustic glass (can reduce external noise levels you hear in your home by up to 30%)
- Solid looking cill proportions that are similar to traditional timber windows with foiled end caps
Thermal insulation (in W/m2K)
A+13 and 1.3 U
Sound reduction (in dB)
Acoustic glass (can reduce external noise levels you hear in your home by up to 30%)
Multipoint shoot bolt locking
|Frame construction depth||82|
|Dual fully integrated||yes|
|Double or triple glazing available||yes|
|Various patterned glass for varying degrees of obscurity||yes|
|Laminated glass, acoustic glass and solar control glass options||yes|
|Square and diamond leads and coloured glass options||yes|
|Locking and Hardware|
|Multipoint locking with shoot bolts||yes|
|Key locking push button handle||yes|
|Night vent positions available||yes|
|Traditional wrought iron handles and peg stays||yes|
|Standard cranked handles and contemporary Ventiss handles and peg stay||yes|
|Traditional range colours||yes|