The Evolution timber alternative flush window or wood effect window, perfectly replicates the beauty of traditional flush-fitting timber windows.
With authentic timber aesthetics in a clean, fuss-free design, the window is truly versatile, being able to compliment both period and contemporary homes alike.
The sash has a very low profile with a small round edge, so avoiding the ‘chunky’ appearance of other flush wood effect options on the market. It is the only rebated casement on the market with a timber joint.
Our flush windows come with a A+11 and 1.3W/m² value energy rating as standard, allowing you to keep the heat inside your house.
The benefits of our Evolution timber alternative flush window:
- Exceptionally low maintenance
- Excellent wood effect window
- Over 200 colour options in addition to our standard wood-effect finishes
- High quality range of handles and working peg-stays
- Multipoint shoot bolt locking
- Lockable night vent facility
- Solid looking cill proportions that are similar to traditional timber windows with foiled end caps
- Egress Easy Clean Hinge as standard
The Colour range
All colour finishes are exterior with White Grain on the interior as standard or you can choose any of the colours for an interior finish. Evolution Windows offers 10 timber alternative finishes and one smooth gloss finish as standard for the exterior.
It’s also possible to have any RAL colour using a special Kolorbond paint finish, including:
- White Grain is a soft white (RAL 9010)
- Agate Grey and Olive Grey which have a green/grey tone.
- Anthracite Grey (RAL 7016), which is popular for contemporary designs.
- The Natural Wood finish is unique to Evolution.
Alternatively you can choose from any Farrow and Ball colour – as long as you provide us with the colour number, as well as the colour name!
We invite you to visit one our showrooms, located in;
- Banbury, Oxfordshire. Easily accessible for Oxford, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Brackley, Towcester, Bicester, Thame, Kidlington, Witney, The Cotswolds, Chipping Norton
- Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. Easily accessible for Maidenhead, Reading, Marlow, Shiplake, Sonning Common, Sonning Eye
- Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire. Easily accessible for High Wycombe, Chalfont St Giles, Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Amersham, Great Missenden
For more information on the Evolution brand, click here
Timber alternative windows details
Timber alternative flush windows, by Evolution Windows, have unrivalled energy efficiency, exceptional weather proofing and low maintenance without compromising on quality and design.
Whether you choose double or triple glazing, our windows are all argon-filled as opposed to the less efficient air-filled units. This applies to glazed units with Georgian bars and to leaded units too. Argon is a noble glass which means it doesn’t react to anything as much as normal air does. This means that heat is not lost as easily through the unit. If you use air-filled glazed units, the heat can escape through the unit much more easily. This of course contributes to the overall energy rating of the window.
Multipoint shoot bolt locking
When you lock the window shut, not only do bolts lock into their keeps next to the handle, but shootbolts at the top and bottom of the window lock into their keeps too meaning your timber alternative window is as secure as any other modern window on the market.
Lockable night vent facility
The window locks in a slightly open position, allowing ventilation into the property without compromising on security by leaving a window wide open inviting potential burglars in.
It’s all in the design. To give the appearance of traditional timber styling and accept a working peg stay, the outer frame is 82mm wide – making it narrow enough to fit into window openings without cutting back plaster lines (subject to existing building/survey).
Optional triple glazing
- Optional energy saving triple glazing to further reduce noise and conserve heat
- Triple glazing will raise the energy rating to A+ 12 with a U value of 1.2.
- Acoustic glass (can reduce external noise levels you hear in your home by up to 30%)
- Not available with Georgian Bars
Thermal insulation (in W/m2K)
A+11 and 1.3 U
Sound reduction (in dB)
Acoustic glass (can reduce external noise levels you hear in your home by up to 30%)
Multipoint shoot bolt locking
|Frame construction depth||82|
|Dual fully integrated||yes|
|Double or triple glazing available||yes|
|Various patterned glass for varying degrees of obscurity||yes|
|Laminated glass, acoustic glass and solar control glass options||yes|
|Square and diamond leads and coloured glass options||yes|
|Locking and Hardware|
|Multipoint locking with shoot bolts||yes|
|Key locking push button handle||yes|
|Night vent positions available||yes|
|Traditional wrought iron handles and peg stays||yes|
|Standard cranked handles and contemporary Ventiss handles and peg stay||yes|
|Traditional range colours||Black and Pewter|